Tuesday, 1 October 2013
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Michelle - another fellow Devon dweller, who can be found over at Life Outside London had nominated me for a Liebster Award. What's one of those? you may ask. Well, it's kind of a 'hello blogger, I'd like to hear a bit more about you' and by taking part, it gives new bloggers the chance to connect with each other and in doing so, they spread the word about other new and up and coming bloggers throughout the blogging community. Simple!
OK, so here below are the basic rules:
1) Make sure you link back to the person who nominated you
2) Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you for an award
3) State 11 facts about you (this one is not obligatory apparently)
4) Nominate 11 blogs/bloggers who have 200 followers or fewer
5) Come up with 11 new questions of your own for the people you're nominating
6) Let your nominees know so they can get involved!
First then, the 'facts about me' bit:
1. Height wise, I am 5 foot nothing.
2. I have two guinea pigs called Mocha and Chocca, who are eating me out of house and home.
3. I freak out at daddy long legs- and it's that time of year so its a freaky kinda time for me.
4. My favourite 'naughty' food thing is cheese. Mmmmmm cheese.....love it. All cheeses...mmm yum.
5. I absolutely hate celery - urgh! Just disgusting.
6. I had my eldest daughter when I was 29.
7. The first single I bought was Madness - Our House
8. The last film I watched was Cloud Impact. That was a long film. About an hour too long in my opinion.
9. I had my appendix out when I was 15.
10. I have never had a tattoo.
11.My favourite flowers are poppies, gerberas and star gazer lilies.
Now, here's my answers to the questions I was asked by Michelle:
1. What's your signature dance move?
A: I am no dancer, believe me! I wouldn't say I have one signature move - it's more like a bad mash up of vogue, gangnam style with a whole lot of booty shaking. I know, imagine the scene - not good!
2. Who's your hero?
A: It would have to be more than one - my dad and my 'little' grandad are my true heroes.
3. What's your best fancy dress triumph? Extra points if you've got a picture!
A: I haven't been to a fancy dress party in years! Last one I think was a Halloween party, but I didn't go too OTT and I cannot locate any photos -sorry!
4. What was the last thing that made you belly laugh?
A: Not that long ago and it has to be when I read one of those 'top 20 auto correct fails' features that do the rounds. There were some right funny ones, and some downright awkward, which makes them even funnier. Also, I can be guaranteed a few belly laughs whenever I spend time with Debs, my sister n law- she cracks me right up!!
5. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: All I can be sure about is that I want to work for myself doing something creative and inspiring and pleasing others.
6. Cats suck, dogs rule - discuss!
A: I am more of a dog person, having grown up with dogs. I don't really know cats that well and they don't seem to warm to me. Although my neighbours cat has taken a shine and has deposited many a 'present' for me on the front garden.
7. What's your worst habit?
A: Singing. I really just do not realise I'm doing it. And I'm not good either, which is not pleasant for those within hearing distance. I'm right there when it comes to kareoke - with great pity on the audience. I think I sound great though!
8. Is there a story behind your blogs' name? I want to hear it!
A: I love knitting, when I get a few spare moments I pick up my pins and knit. I need to feature some of my knitted articles on the blog, but I just haven't got round to it yet. I also love the beach and I am totally spoilt for choice living down here in the South West. Both big loves of mine so I wanted to use them both in my title.
9. What's the thing you like most about yourself?
A: Although I hated it when I was younger, I am now really thankful for the fact that I look much younger than I actually am (or so I keep being told!)
10. Why did you start blogging?
A: I suppose because I think a lot, I've always been one for writing diaries as I was growing up, I wanted to be creative and I just felt that I needed an outlet through which to record, share and connect. I was also inspired by other bloggers and so I gave it a go.
11. Batman or Superman?
A: Er... Superman, not sure why, probably slightly more ripped.
Now here my Liebster Award nominations:
Ok, so I was supposed to choose 11 blogs with less than 200 followers, but I just got carried away and chose blogs based on my enjoyment, rather than on how many followers they had. Enjoy!
365 Creative Days
Mad Knitters Tea Party
Our Hobo Life
In a Spin!
Knitting like Crazy
And here are my questions for you all:
1. What was your first job?
2. When did you discover the blogging world?
3. How would you describe your blogging style?
4. Describe yourself in three words?
5. What essential beauty item can you not live without?
6. What is your happiest childhood memory?
7. Sweet or savoury?
8. How did you celebrate the last New Years Eve?
9. What is your most beloved pair of shoes?
10. Do you have one piece of advice for your 16 year old self?
11. What word or phrase do you over use?
Thanks for sticking with this post. I must admit, it has taken a lot out of me to complete this. I underestimated the time that a Liebster award would take to fulfill. But there we are, all done.
It would be lovely to hear from all of the above in due course, However, I understand that these posts take time. In the meantime happy blogging!!